Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

 Prompt Response: There was a time I was trying to persuade my younger brother to start eating healthier with me. To be honest I used all the methods of persuasion but the two I kept coming back to was logos and ethos. I used logos by telling him the many benefits and changes he would see if he ate healthier. Things like " Your acne will clear up if you eat more fruit and less soda," or " You'll feel more energetic if you ate a balanced meal instead of Cheeto puffs." I could tell he was getting interesting but he still wasn't convinced. It wasn't until I actually locked in and he started seeing how I was doing better that he started eating healthier too. So that is how I used ethos. My own experience finally convinced him to eat healthier.

Summary: Today in class I had the opportunity to listen to my classmate talk about the origin of their name and what it meant to them.

Reflection: When I heard all the different origins of my classmate's names I realized that everyone's name represented a little bit about their family and culture. It showed me how a name is more than just a name, and that to some it can even be a story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.