As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?
Prompt Response: As I grow older and gain new experiences and viewpoints I think the topic I will have to debate about most often is politics. Throughout my life politics have been really important for my family and someone always has something to say about it. When I was younger I didn't really care much about it but the older I get I see how politics affect our everyday life. I have gained a deeper understanding as to why it is important to express yourself correctly in order to get more to agree with your viewpoint. So as my family values politics I also find myself getting more involved and expressing my mind about it.
Summary: Today In class we talked about argument, the elements of it and how to identify which form of persuasion is being used.
Reflection: In class I learned that Pathos is not effective if it is not causing me to feel something. In the future, instead of me thinking it is Pathos simply because "other people" might feel something, I will look for the next best method of persuasion it is demonstrating.
Comments
Post a Comment