Describe a time you felt completely lost.

 Prompt Response: A time I felt completely lost was last year during the school year in February and March. I had gone to the hospital for three days so I had missed a whole week of school. All my assignments had piled up and more were on the way. I did not know what to do or how to manage my time properly so my grades dropped. I felt completely lost and I did not know where to even start. Eventually through lots of prayer and hard work I managed to bring my grades up. I passed my classes by God's grace and I was happy about that.

Summary: Today in class we learned how to identify claims that cover certain topics in articles. We also learned how to identify which type they are.

Reflection: I learned that it is not that hard to find a claim in an article because a claim is just a statement that can be argued with reasonable evidence. Today I also learned how to identify the type of claim by asking myself if it argues a fact (claim of fact), whether something is good or bad (claim of value) or if it calls for change (claim of policy).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?