Prompt: How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

 Prompt Response: Living in Atlanta has influenced the way I see my community culture and identity in many ways. I know that whenever there is a problem or issue Atlanta will not stay silent about it. Atlanta will make sure voices are heard as it is a city that is very connected and passionate about their community. Being in Atlanta has shown me that there is a wide range of variety and diversity which always welcomes new people and ideas. When I think of myself and how being here has shaped me, I remember how the friendly and welcoming environment has allowed me to feel good about where I live and even be proud of being from Atlanta. If someone were unfamiliar with Atlanta I would explain to them that it is a diverse community that cares for its people. I would explain how this city is packed which is the main reason for the bad traffic, but I would also share that it is very hungry passionate about social and political change.

Summary: Today in class we watched/listened to the speech " Go Home" by Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms. We discussed how she used rhetorical appeals to get the protesters to go home and stop turning peaceful protests into chaos, destruction and violence.

Reflection: I learned that it is important to know what is going on in your city in order to successfully be able to connect with them and get them to do what you are asking. I learned how the choice of words and emotion can effectively appeal to many and make a change.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?