Write about something that you believed as a child.

 Prompt Response: Something I believed as a child was that once I become an adult I would be able to do anything I wanted with absolutely no problems or setbacks or people telling me what to do. I imagined a care-free life with no boring parents. This way of thinking made me look forward to becoming an adult and wishing I wasn't eight or eleven or twelve. The older I get the more I realize that being an adult is not completely as fun as I imagined. I am going to have to pay bills, work, buy my own things with my own money and actually take responsibility for my own actions. However, I am still very excited to become an adult soon, but for now I won't try to rush things anymore. I will just enjoy my teenage years because I can only be 16 once!

Summary: Today in class we learned about different types of claims like claim of fact, claim of value, and claim of policy.

Reflection: I learned that for claims of value I just need to make my claim and make a list of the criteria. Now that I know this I will not make the criteria into more claims, instead I will make them into lists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?