Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

 Prompt Response: A time when I didn't understand that the teacher was looking for in a project was when I was in AP psychology. We had to make a model of a brain and label it and explain the functions of each part on a printed sheet of paper. At the time I did not understand the teacher so I looked at the rubric as a guide. The rubric made everything extremely easy to follow along and cleared my confusion. Using rubric is essentially a guide to know what teachers are looking and how to obtain a specific grade. Going back to what I learned from today's AP Lang Argument Essay Rubric I realized that the rubric is not that difficult or different from any others. It breaks down what the teachers are looking for and how to obtain my desired grade. 

Summary: We spent today's class period talking about the different sections of the rubric, what the requirements were and the requirements to get a good grade.

Reflection: When I first received the Ap Lang Argument Essay rubric I have to admit I was a little nervous since I thought it would be difficult or "too much" but the more we discussed, applied and went over it, the simple it seemed. Now I know that the rubric is not any different from other rubrics and that I should use it as a guide to obtain my desired grade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?