Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully.

 Prompt Response: I remember a time when a classmate used informal language during his presentation. The material they shared was great but the language they used made their work seem less sophisticated. Even though they delivered their message, their words choice of “ gonna” or phrases like “for real though” cost them professionalism and made their presentation lack value. Looking back they could’ve made small changes like saying “going to” instead of “gonna”. This taught me that simple things like the language carry heavy weight and can completely change the outcome of the situation.

Summary: Today in class we got into groups again to rotate around the room and read our classmates paragraphs while giving them feedback.

Reflection: One thing I learned was that allowing peers to review your work can reveal the flaws that one misses in their own work. In the future I will ask for feedback to see what I did good and what I could improve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?